Rhon-a-logue: Leave no book unfinished.

A faithful list of all the books I read (starting in January, 2005). Starting October 2007, also includes reviews and opinions from the sister who started it all with her attempt at Christmas 2004 to recall all the books she had read that year. Now you can find out exactly what we think about everything we read.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Crime and Engagement

Crime and Engagement - Nikki Rivers

OK Harlequin.

This was the last of the FlipSides. For those who may not have followed Harlequin's various imprints, in the mid-nineties they came up with their Love & Laughter line. Brilliant. Some of the funniest, most re-readable light romances you could hope to find. Then, they kiboshed Love & Laughter, and switched to Duets. Still rom-com novels, but now there were 2 per book, and 2 books published a month. Some were great, some weren't. But 4 light reads a month was nothing to sneeze at. When the rom-com well started to run dry, they ended Duets and introduced FlipSide. Watered down, but still some gems among the dross. June 2005 was the last month for FlipSide titles, and not coincidentally, the last month I had to shell out my hard-earned dollars to buy my guilty pleasures. Now, Harlequin makes no money from me, unless I'm truly desperate or I see an author I like on the shelf.

July 2005.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home