Rhon-a-logue: Leave no book unfinished.

A faithful list of all the books I read (starting in January, 2005). Starting October 2007, also includes reviews and opinions from the sister who started it all with her attempt at Christmas 2004 to recall all the books she had read that year. Now you can find out exactly what we think about everything we read.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Cross Bones

Cross Bones - Kathy Reichs

Why haven't I read her before? This was a freebie from the Book Expo, and to be honest, I found the cover ugly. So, logically, I was resistant to reading it. Hubby finally convinced me to take it to Halifax on my vacation, and once I started it, I couldn't read it fast enough. Really good plotting, nice sparse character development (not too much exposition), and the perfect pace. Loved it. Turns out this is the book series that the TV show 'Bones' is based on, and some critics hail Reichs as the successor to Patricia Cornwell. Not sure if I'd go that far, but a Brennan-Scarpetta crossover would be a geek dream come true.

Ignore the garish yellow cover and enjoy this book! Left it in Halifax for my big little sister to read.

July 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home