Rhon-a-logue: Leave no book unfinished.

A faithful list of all the books I read (starting in January, 2005). Starting October 2007, also includes reviews and opinions from the sister who started it all with her attempt at Christmas 2004 to recall all the books she had read that year. Now you can find out exactly what we think about everything we read.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Outlander

Outlander - Diana Gabaldon

Okay, I'm late to the party, but I've now officially joined the Jamie Fraser swooning woman fan club. This was a good book, lent to me by my sister in Halifax in the summer, but slow to make its way to the top of my reading pile. It has everything - historical romance, time travel, period novel - so I can completely understand why it is so popular. Mentioned it casually at lunch to an old co-worker, and the swooning began all over again. (I should disclose that we also swooned for "Dean" from the TV show Supernatural - but that's not a book, so I move on.) I'd recommend this to any woman, especially one who is maybe missing a bit of humour and romance in her daily life. Jamie is the man!

December 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home