Rhon-a-logue: Leave no book unfinished.

A faithful list of all the books I read (starting in January, 2005). Starting October 2007, also includes reviews and opinions from the sister who started it all with her attempt at Christmas 2004 to recall all the books she had read that year. Now you can find out exactly what we think about everything we read.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Louis Riel

Louis Riel - Chester Brown

For Canadians, the title of this book will already have reminded you of some long ago history class in school. This one is no dry history text - it's a collection of comics that retell the basic story of Louis Riel, with remarkable accuracy, and very simple drawings. I enjoy reading about Riel and the Red River Rebellions, so that was a plus. I don't usually enjoy comics, so when the hubby recommended I read this one, I was skeptical. However, the simple black and white sketches worked for me, because I could almost ignore them to read the text. It makes Canadian politics seem a lot more conniving and intriguing than most people would think. I recommend this one, but like Letter Perfect, I don't really expect anyone I know to pick this up and read it.

September 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home