Rhon-a-logue: Leave no book unfinished.

A faithful list of all the books I read (starting in January, 2005). Starting October 2007, also includes reviews and opinions from the sister who started it all with her attempt at Christmas 2004 to recall all the books she had read that year. Now you can find out exactly what we think about everything we read.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Children of My Heart

Children of My Heart - Gabrielle Roy

My second bookclub read. This was good. The shorter vignettes were much more moving than the main drama (will she fall in love with a student??). Set during the Canadian depression, the narrator is a schoolmarm. Some of the stories about the children being separated from parents, having to shoulder the responsibilities of adults, etc. made me weep. I'm a sucker for the innocent victims making the best of horrible circumstances. It was a nice light read - I'd recommend it to Can Lit lovers and people interested in something for the beach or cottage that isn't just summer smut. This was my 7th book for the month, bringing me to 33 YTD.

April 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home