Rhon-a-logue: Leave no book unfinished.

A faithful list of all the books I read (starting in January, 2005). Starting October 2007, also includes reviews and opinions from the sister who started it all with her attempt at Christmas 2004 to recall all the books she had read that year. Now you can find out exactly what we think about everything we read.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ping: A Frog in Search of a New Pond

Ping: A Frog In Search of a New Pond - Stuart Avery Gold

Now, you need to know that I love management theory books. I've got books on the management styles of Shakespeare, Captain Jean-Luc Picard, and Carolyn from the Apprentice. I soak up texts on how to get along with your coworkers (or outwit, outlast, and outplay them). So I definitely approached this with an open mind. Unfortunately, it was platitude-laden and the central story was stupid. You might disagree - perhaps plucky Ping's adventures spoke to your frog-loving heart. However, I doubt that very much. I suggest instead that you read Spencer Johnson's Who Moved My Cheese, and forget this book was ever published.

February 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home