Rhon-a-logue: Leave no book unfinished.

A faithful list of all the books I read (starting in January, 2005). Starting October 2007, also includes reviews and opinions from the sister who started it all with her attempt at Christmas 2004 to recall all the books she had read that year. Now you can find out exactly what we think about everything we read.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Shopaholic & Baby

Shopaholic & Baby - Sophie Kinsella

Ahh, pure humourous bliss! "She's a redheaded bitch and I hate her" is a classic line, destined to live on my memory for a very longtime. Poor Becky decides she wants an OB/GYN to the celebrities, and it turns out to be her husband's ex-girlfriend. When she fakes being in labour to confront the conniving doctor, I couldn't stop laughing. Lighthearted, funny, and highly recommended. I plan on picking up a paperback copy for my library, but I borrowed this from the dog-owning sister-in-law, who borrowed it from her mom. It's now being circulated amongst the other female readers on hubby's side of the family.

May 2007.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

I didn't think this one was so great. I enjoyed the first 'Shopaholic' and even 'Shopaholic and Sister' was a decent read. This one made me cringe through the entire affair and I couldn't get it done fast enough.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Rhon said...

Hmm - I thought the fanny pack, support hose, and orthopedic ugly shoes were a hilarious way to undermine Becky's attractiveness. I found it funny. Shopaholic and Sister was the weaker one, I thought, but Jess was brilliant in this one with her homemade recycled diapers. Maybe because my pregnant days are still vivid, and they weren't glamourous, I enjoyed it more.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home