Rhon-a-logue: Leave no book unfinished.

A faithful list of all the books I read (starting in January, 2005). Starting October 2007, also includes reviews and opinions from the sister who started it all with her attempt at Christmas 2004 to recall all the books she had read that year. Now you can find out exactly what we think about everything we read.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Between Interruptions

Between Interruptions - Thirty Women Tell the Truth about Motherhood - edited by Cori Howard

Thank you Key Porter! This was an ARC from the 2007 Book Expo, and I loved it. I called my best friend to read sections out loud, it was that funny in places. There are essays on everything from being a working mom, being a stay at home mom, turning into your father, post partum depression, only children, and finding friends with the same parenting values you hold. Not every essay tickled my fancy or funnybone, but out of thirty, I'd say I liked 28 of them. A lot. And tolerated the other 2. Denise Ryan perfectly pierces the belief that the world needs another Erma Bombeck (back to your blogs, mommies, and stop trying to land a newspaper column!). I could probably quote from every essay, but instead I say: Read this book if you have children, or are thinking about having children. Buy it, borrow it, it doesn't matter which. Just make sure you read it!

June 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home