Rhon-a-logue: Leave no book unfinished.

A faithful list of all the books I read (starting in January, 2005). Starting October 2007, also includes reviews and opinions from the sister who started it all with her attempt at Christmas 2004 to recall all the books she had read that year. Now you can find out exactly what we think about everything we read.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Lost Garden

The Lost Garden - Helen Humphreys

Book club pick. It was okay. I didn't think I liked it very much, because of all the gardening. However, during the discussion, I realized I enjoyed the potato nicknames and the different perspective on WWII. It was about a woman who volunteers for the Land Service Army and supervises a bunch of young women in growing crops for the troops. Easy to read. I'd recommend it to some people, but it is not for everyone. Sis, pregnant sister-in-law: you might enjoy it!

June 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home