Rhon-a-logue: Leave no book unfinished.

A faithful list of all the books I read (starting in January, 2005). Starting October 2007, also includes reviews and opinions from the sister who started it all with her attempt at Christmas 2004 to recall all the books she had read that year. Now you can find out exactly what we think about everything we read.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling

Excellent, excellent, excellent. A satisfying conclusion for an excellent series. She obviously learned from C.S. Lewis (Narnia) and J.R.R. Tolkein (LOTR) when it comes to ending a series realistically.

You've probably already read a ton of debate about the epilogue, but I liked it. And as the hubby astutely pointed out, it leaves the door open for Harry Potter: The Next Generation. I did find the death of Harry loophole a bit machina ex deus for my taste, but it worked. Can't wait for the kid to be old enough to start reading this series! This was my 12th book for the month, bringing me to 61 YTD.

July 2007.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

Ahhh, what?! This is sad that I haven't picked up this book yet, but I've been on a serious book budget. Please, don't tell me anymore. I've been avoiding any and all reviews as much as possible.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Rhon said...

Oops! Didn't mean to spoil anything...

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home