Rhon-a-logue: Leave no book unfinished.

A faithful list of all the books I read (starting in January, 2005). Starting October 2007, also includes reviews and opinions from the sister who started it all with her attempt at Christmas 2004 to recall all the books she had read that year. Now you can find out exactly what we think about everything we read.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Poseur

Poseur - Rachel Maude

This ARC is the launch of a new series along the same lines as Gossip Girls. It was a very uneven read, and at the beginning, I had to keep reminding myself not to be depressed that teenage girls read this schlock, but to be happy that they were reading, period. Fortunately, things picked up about a third of the way through the book.

I don't love illustrations (waste of space - get back to the story), but I could see how these would appeal to junior fashionistas. The characters became more fleshed out as the book progressed, and by the end, I was interested in what happened to them. Job well done, Ms. Maude! I'm going to pass this on to my baby sister, who has been known to read Gossip Girls, and see what she thinks.

July 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home