Rhon-a-logue: Leave no book unfinished.

A faithful list of all the books I read (starting in January, 2005). Starting October 2007, also includes reviews and opinions from the sister who started it all with her attempt at Christmas 2004 to recall all the books she had read that year. Now you can find out exactly what we think about everything we read.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Six Weeks to Toxic

Six Weeks to Toxic - Louise McCormick

I loved this one. I couldn't wait to pick it up each night after work. The ending did peter out, in the sense that there was a total psychotic break for the best friend's character. And the book didn't live up to the description on the cover - it didn't really show you what women do when they break up with their best friend. It just catalogued the end of the friendship, and devoted a few pages to the post-friendship era. So, the bait and switch of the subject matter aside, I loved the main character, I loved the dog, and I loved the Canadian setting. I passed it on to my sister, who didn't love it as much as I did. I'd still recommend it to anyone, especially with summer reading season upon us.

March 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home