Rhon-a-logue: Leave no book unfinished.

A faithful list of all the books I read (starting in January, 2005). Starting October 2007, also includes reviews and opinions from the sister who started it all with her attempt at Christmas 2004 to recall all the books she had read that year. Now you can find out exactly what we think about everything we read.

Friday, June 15, 2007

Citizen Girl

Citizen Girl - Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus

Pretty good. This was a birthday gift from the pregnant sister-in-law. They also wrote The Nanny Diaries, which I haven't read. If it was left in front of me, I'd probably pick it up, but based on this novel, I didn't add it to my To Be Read list. Something that bothers me: what happens to the people who don't have strong networks and connections? What machina ex deus swoops in for the average person and helps them salvage their career, personal life, etc.? I don't have wealthy patrons or relatives, and I don't think most people do. So why do we keep reading about people who have these massive safety nets?

March 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home